There should be some oases in this country where the love of tradition is fostered. Avon shall be one of these oases where, when Avonians return, they will find at least a semblance of permanence.
-Theodate Pope Riddle

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

The Times, They Are A-Changin'

It has been a long time since this blog was truly active; indeed, I've not posted more than twice in a year since 2013. In those few posts, I frequently complain about not having enough time to commit to this project.
Aspirando et Perseverando
That is about to change. Jim Detora, who will become headmaster this summer, has asked me to move to a new role for next year, and the focus of that new role will be ... school history. Anticipating the school's centennial in 2027, I will be working on an updated narrative history of the school and helping to plan and prepare for the various centennial celebrations and events. I will also be spending a great deal of time in the archives, so I will be immersed in school history for many hours a day. Instead of my day job keeping me away from this project, my day job will include this project.
Do not expect the blog to leap back into regular production right away. I need to keep focused on the work I am in at the moment. It is safe to say, though, that there will be a few more posts between now and summer; and then, the work begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment